(Android Market Link)
There's a bunch of new changes and additions from the beta version here, and we're pretty confident we've got it working solidly across a wide range of devices now. Here's what's new:
- New Feature: Select your background image
- New Feature: Complex fluid simulation
- Update: Faster rendering performance
- Update: Higher default resolution
- Bug fix: No more paint gathering in corners incorrectly
This thing turned out extremely cool all told. This one was primarily Bill Roeske's project and he's got a whole raft of additional tinkering to do yet, but we'll handle that with updates. :)
The effect at this point works extremely well, and it's a really satisfying toy to play with, while working well as a background at the same time. I think this is one of my favorites of everything we've got on the market.
The backdrops (and their normal maps) were created by Allyson Vaughn, who did an excellent job with all of them. We're using one piece of Creative Commons artwork: a paint splat by Kamikaze Stoat.